Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rain

The other day it was raining and I was chatting with a woman who like me was originally from Ontario. We both agreed how much we appreciated the rain and how much we missed the rain in Ontario. Other people joined in the conversation and didn't agree - they did not like the rain or appreciate it.

I love it when it rains. This probably started with my parents taking me out when I was little to jump in the puddles and throw rocks down the sewers. I loved those walks and today have taken my children on walk's in the rain. I know Sadie loves the rain, I smile with pride whenever it starts raining and my children get excited. They often will quickly run outside at the first hints of rain to feel it coming down and to jump in the puddles.

The other day Mackenzie told me her most favorite thing about nature was rain. My mother would be proud to know her grandchildren love the rain. Thanks Mom for teaching me to love the rain. Thanks for taking me to jump in the puddles. I still secretly love to jump in them. The other day on my run with Matthew I purposely jumped in a few just because I could. I guess it is for me like stopping to smell the roses, only a little more fun (and wet).

No comments:

Post a Comment